Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Review of "Knight & Day"

On Sunday afternoon, my friend dragged me out of the house to see this movie with her. Thankfully, her sister paid for the tickets so I didn't have to spend my own money to see it (besides popcorn). To be honest and tell you, I can see why it wasn't a summer blockbuster.

The movie is about a lady (Cameron Diaz) who runs into a super spy (Tom Cruise) and it chronicles their travels together running away from some type of spy agency that looks like the CIA. Personally, for the first 20 minutes, I was lost. Usually if a movie doesn't capture my interest in 5 minutes, then I give it a bad rating. To just see an airport and see Tom Cruise's character kill everyone on the plane like it was nothing bored me.

The only highlights of the movie came from Ms. Diaz. She was totally funny in the movie and she kept getting drugged by Cruise and the bad guys. Seeing Cameron under the influence is hilarious! The whole point of this movie is trying to keep a battery that looks like a stripped Energizer away from the bad guys. But eventually the bad guys get it and it blows them up anyway.

I was confused at the part of Cameron going to Cruise's parents house. So Cruise gets shot and everyone thinks he's dead but he's not. Cameron goes to this address that she saw all the time on Cruise's phone and turns out it's his parents. The ending was quite weird too since Diaz drugged Cruise and stole him away from a hospital.

All in all, I give the movie a C-/D rating. The fighting scenes were good but the storyline was just too 3rd grade for me.

No comments: