Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Supernatural Brownies by Nick Malgieri

Another recipe that I have baked recently was the Supernatural Brownies by Nick Malgieri. I found this recipe because ever since spring hit, I wanted a chewy, thick brownie. I discovered this recipe on a forum and thought that it would be what I was looking for. The link to the recipe is here: Supernatural Brownies.

I was so excited to try this brownie. The first and last awesome brownie I tasted was some that my boss gave me and it was so chocolately and gooey I could have died peacefully in chocolate heaven. He didn't know the recipe so I was on a quest for the best and chewiest brownie I could find.

I baked these on a Saturday night, and let me tell you it was hot in my house to make these. The batter tasted excellent so I thought that I was on the right track. Even baking them in the oven was great. My house smelled like a chocolate bakery. But I noticed a problem when they were baking: when the top would crack, it looked like the batter beneath it was soft, not firm. I took them out after 45 minutes of baking and I let it rest for the whole night.

Sunday came and I was anxious to eat them. Unfortunately it was Father's Day so I really didn't stay home. When I finally got a chance to cut and eat them, I was highly disappointed. My worst fears came true. It was not chewy at all; they were soft & moist. I gave them more than 12 hours of rest and this is what I get? And to put salt in the wound, they tasted exactly like the Duncan Hines brownies in the frozen food section at Wal-Mart.  I spent all that much money for ingredients and all I got was store tasting soft brownies.

To all the people that reviewed this recipe, shame on you for lying to me! Everyone on the Chowhound website made me believe that this was a chewy & gooey brownie. They were all liars. If they liked brownies from a box but wanted them homemade, then this was a good recipe. But in future, I would just buy a $1.50 box of brownie mix instead of wasting money making this crap by Nick Malgieri.

I'm on a quest for the best chewy & gooey brownie out there. I'm hurt by this setback but I'll find it someday!

Miracle Reviews

No comments: