Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why Bella from the "Twilight" Series Irritates Me


So many girls wish that they could be Bella Swan right now. So many girls would love to have a boyfriend that can live forever and truly loves them (plus the added bonus of another hot guy after them)! But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to be Bella Swan. Here are my reasons why. If you haven't read the books yet or decided not to read them, then this post ain't for you.


  1. First off, Bella is too dependent on Edward's love. Where is her sense of self? It's like he is the only reason that she breathes and although it sounds romantic, it's sickeningly unreal. As a single woman, I would love to dream about my boyfriend but to completely and utterly rely on him just isn't me. Maybe that's why I'm still single.

  2. Bella has no hobbies besides being with Edward. Usually, if a person is in a relationship (whether casual or serious), there is time for both people to go to their respective houses and wait for the next meeting. She has no talents, hardly any jobs, really nothing to keep her occupied until Edwards visits her at night. To have a guy crawl into your bedroom window is kinda freaky to me. I would have shot him too long to talk about.

  3. She has a best friend who loves her just as fiercely as Edward does but she strings him along. I know that Jacob was a good friend to her and got her out of a major depression when Edward left her in the second book New Moon, but she should have made her boundaries clear. Never would I string my best friend along thinking that there was a possibility to be anything more than friends.

  4. She basically has to make a hard decision when it comes to Edward: either turn into a vampire and live forever or stay human and die anyway. To me, I wouldn't want to have to make that choice. Yes, her love for Edward is strong but hell, would I want to live forever?? Probably not.

  5. The actress Kristen Stewart portrays Bella with a degree of boredom. I could play Bella better and have more soul in it! I know that she's a shy person but although the movies are a success, she still bored me to a certain degree playing Bella. The Bella in the movies seems lifeless and hardly emotional. Not like the book puts it.
Well, I know that I must sound like a Bella hater but I'm not really. I just think that what she portrays in the book is completely absurd. It makes young impressionable girls think that there is such a thing as "love that never ends" and that they'll all find someone like Edward to love. The biggest shock is to see mothers liking this book. Hello, don't you have some grownup romance novels to read that make more sense?

In my opinion, Meyer is not better than J.K. Rowling. She didn't do as much hard work than Rowling did with the creation of her characters. Yea, we all criticize "sparkling" vampires and people who look like gods but we are all right. Why does the vampires "sparkle"? Plus, all of Meyer's research probably was a simple Google Search. Not too imaginative to me. I'm glad that she made some money off of the series but if I could rewrite it, I would.

Until next time,
Miracle Reviews


2 comments:

Dawn said...

I would like to see young women have TV role models that are independent and also happy with the choice of man they have made but also free to have a life outside of that relationship. Like, Melinda in Ghost Whisperer

Miracle said...

Exactly Dawn! I think that portraying women as being defensless and having a man to save them is a bunch of crap. Melinda is a good example of a woman living her own life with a man. Also Dr. Cuddy from "House" is a woman who runs a hospital without a relationship. Things need to change for the better. Thanks for your comment!