Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Best (and Cheap) Nail Polish to Use!

I have always loved putting nail polish on my nails, ever since I was a little girl. I would love pinks and then in my teenage years, I would have dark colors like brown and blue. One thing I have noticed over the years is that nail polish doesn't last too long. Unless you spend some hard cash to make it stay.

My nails have a hard job for them: typing, writing, carrying heavy loads, and the worst culprit, washing dishes. For any woman that washes dishes by hand they know that nail polish doesn't last at all. It's especially worse when you have just put on a beautiful coat and it all comes out in the dishwater.

My favorite brand for a long time was Sally Hansen. I always buy my nail polish at Wal-Mart and I have tried expensive ones and cheap ones. The cheap ones ($1.50 or less) would chip and/or run within one day of wear. The expensive ones like Revlon and OPI have run on me so horribly and the worst part is that they advertise long lasting wear for at least 10 days! The best one that I found as a teenager was Sally Hansen Diamond Shine. It was around $3-4 and I noticed that it would last for almost a week. I was so happy! But now that I'm in college, I've noticed that the polish that I had as a teenager isn't the same anymore.

I made an accidental discovery at my mother's favorite shop near my college. There was a display of some beautiful polishes and the price was $1.52 a bottle. I thought to myself that once I would wear it, it would chip off the next day. The total price came out to be $1.75. The brand of the polish is Klean Color and the first color I tried was Plum (a beautiful purple polish). To my surprise, it lasted as long as Sally Hansen would last! I became an instant addict! Now to be truthful, you can expect a good look for 5 days if you don't ruff them up too much. Putting on a sealing top coat lets the shine last longer and helps it continue to be chip-resistant. Although the polish dries fast, don't mess them up too quickly because it will smug and/or chip.

Right now, I have the color Blood on and let me tell you, it's a beautiful shade of red. Today marks the 7th day and the only thing you can see is the new nail growth but 99% of my nails are still covered. Some of the colors at the shop in my hometown are outrageous looking but they have some fantastic colors also. I will increase my collection and leave all of the Wal-Mart brands behind!

To see what colors Klean Color has to offer, go here: http://www.kleancolor.com/nails/KleanColor/NP48_nail_lacquer/NP48.html. On the website, it sells for about the same price as Sally Hansen but if you have a local wig shop or drugstore with this brand, you will save even more. I'm going to get more colors before my secret comes out!

Miracle Reviews

No comments: